Subtitle Planting and Tending Small Fruit Trees and Berries in Gardens and Containers
Description Description Forget the farmer’s market. Grow your own delicious, organic apples, figs, peaches, plums, strawberries, blackberries, citrus fruits, and more with Grow Your Own Mini Fruit Garden. No green thumb required.
Even beginners become successful fruit "farmers"
with the techniques and advice offered by author Christy Wilhelmi, the force behind the popular gardening website, Gardenerd. Selecting the best small-scale fruit trees, bushes, vines, and plants
for your climate, siting them properly, and pruning your compact trees
for health and productivity are some of the many topics covered in the pages of this bible of small-space fruit growing
You’ll also discover how to:
- Turn your urban, suburban, or rural garden into a fruit factory, no matter its size
- Maximize production from edible container fruit gardens
- Grow more food in less space
- Limit your family’s synthetic pesticide consumption
- Choose varieties with increased disease resistance
- Select plants that grow well in your climate
- Maintain your fruiting plants correctly to encourage years of prolific harvests
With modern, dwarf varieties
, and help from Grow Your Own Mini Fruit Garden
, a healthy, high-yielding garden filled with fruit-producing plants
is possible—even in the smallest of yards.