Subtitle How to grow vegetables, fruits, and herbs year-round
Description Description Four-Season Food Gardening hands you all the know-how you need to make growing food 365 days a year your new superpower!
Unlike most other vegetable gardening books on the market, this one approaches the subject through the lens of what you can grow during each of the four seasons
, even if you live in a cold climate. Using season-extension techniques
, such as cold frames, mini hoop houses, and thick mulches, combined with a thoughtful mixture of annual and perennial crops
, you’ll discover that eating from your backyard through all 12 months
With a hearty dose of enthusiasm and expertise, author Misilla dela Llana of YouTube’s Learn to Grow channel
presents this season-by-season guide to growing edible plants
, covering everything from what tasks and what crops are best for each harvesting season
to step-by-step DIY projects
for structures and methods to temper weather extremes
. With Four-Season Food Gardening
you can keep on growing
, no matter what challenges Mother Nature presents.
Inside, you’ll find info on:
Build a forest of food
- Veggies you can harvest in the dead of winter
- Foods that come from perennial plants you harvest from for many years
- How to build and use cold frames and other season extenders to prolong your harvest
- Tips for incorporating layers of edible plants to maximize space
- Pruning, planting, and maintenance advice for dozens of crops
- Seasonal maintenance and harvesting know-how from a pro
in your backyard and reap the delicious rewards
for years to come!