Offa's Dyke Path (Gogledd Llwybr Clawdd Offa) is the 177-mile National Trail following the ancient earthwork that criss-crosses the border country of modern England and Wales, from the Severn Estuary to the seaside resort of Prestatyn on the Irish Sea. This is the complete, official guide for the long-distance walker or the weekend stroller. All you need is this one book. It contains:
* the route split into convenient sections
* Ordnance Survery mapping for the entire route
* comprehensive, up-to-date information on public transport, accommodation and places of interest
* background information on everything from archaeology to wildlife
* lavishly illustrated with colour photography throughout
Tony Gowers was Natural England's Trail Officer for the North Downs Way. He is also co-author of the National Trail Guide to the Thames Path in the Country. He lives in Kent.