Subtitle Master Basic Skills and Techniques Easily Through Step-by-Step Instruction
Written with the absolute beginner in mind, Knitting 101 teaches all the basics for learning to knit with step-by-step instructions and photographs.
Knitting 101 will teach you to knit through engaging projects, beginning with easy designs for early success and moving on to progressively more difficult patterns as you master the techniques. New skills are explored in depth as they are introduced.
The most comprehensive beginner’s book available, Knitting 101 begins with an introductory section covering all the basics of knitting: selecting yarn, needle types and sizes, other tools and accessories, knitting gauge, casting on, forming stitches, and reading patterns. Then move on to the projects that explore:
- Basic Knitting (Garter Stitch Scarf, Loosely Knit Scarf, Scarf Knit with Two Yarns)
- Texture (Baby Blocks Blanket, Seed Stitch Table Runner, Cabled Smart Phone Case)
- Shaping (Felted Fir Tree, Leaf Edge Shawl)
- Knitting in the Round (Felted Bag with Embellished Flap, Easy Knit Hat, Golf Club Covers)
- Color (Striped Cotton Bathroom Rug, Slip Stitch Shawl, Color Blend Scarf, Color Block Hat)
- Lace (Lace Scarf with Beaded Edge, Lace Curtain Panels)
- Putting It Together (Directional Blocks Scarf, Baby Bathrobe, Baby Hat with Button Band)
The accompanying online videos include a how-to guide illustrating all the knitting techniques presented in the book; very useful for anyone who learns more easily by seeing a step in action rather than as a still image.
All the information you need to get started with knitting is contained in this captivating guide.