We love making great books and more than 300 people across the world help Quarto succeed in doing this. We have offices in four countries and publish our books in many more. The Quarto brand is built upon our people and their creative talents. It is our people who give Quarto its heart and who shape our culture and create our many wonderful books. The Quarto Group is comprised of over 20 imprints that create and publish illustrated books worldwide. Learn more about our group of imprints at https://www.quarto.com/ourimprints/default.aspx
Quarto is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We condemn systemic racism in society in all its forms. The Quarto Group is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Quarto’s Diversity Internship Program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to integrate real-world experience at an established publisher with their chosen academic program. We are looking for students with backgrounds and experiences that would contribute to a more diverse, more inclusive workplace. The Beverly MA Team at Quarto is seeking one Editorial Interns who would engage in any number of the following activities:
- Acquire and hone copyediting and proofreading skills by reviewing manuscripts and page proofs for grammar, style, and organization.
- Create art logs, bookmaps, and other organizational tools for book publishing.
- Attend weekly production meetings to observe the creative teams’ interaction within the book publishing process.
- Attend monthly departmental presentations to learn about the different facets of publishing and the different roles each team plays along the journey to publishing a book.
- Assist editors with research on potential book-project proposals.
- Own individual projects under the guidance of editors to create content for the trade, custom, and other departments.
- Contribute to Quarto’s diversity offerings by crafting one-pagers that celebrate or honor diverse days of importance and assisting in research for events.
- Learn how to speak to a book from a marketing perspective and assist in maintaining and writing marketing (book jacket) copy and metadata.
- Other related tasks, as assigned.
This paid internship opportunity is for diverse juniors and seniors enrolled in a college program and graduate students, specifically majoring in English, Communications, or Journalism. The Summer program will run from May thru August, with a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter must detail your interests; why you are applying; how this internship opportunity might expand your studies; and how your background and experiences would contribute to a more diverse, more inclusive workplace.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt until final interns are selected. Eligible, select candidates will be contacted for initial telephone interviews.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.