To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto is seeking a highly motivated Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for planning, leading, directing, and coordinating the policies, activities, and staff of the HR department. They will ensure legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The Human Resources Manager will partner closely with the Controller and CEO to deliver the best in-class people practices and play a key role in shaping the people agenda for the organization. People are our most important asset; the ideal candidate will ensure that we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, plan and execute a people strategy and plan that is aligned to business objectives.
- Drive forward people plan projects, initiatives and activities to transform Quarto into a company where current and future employee want to work.
- Create a best in class recruitment process and presence that attracts talent to Quarto.
- Develop and manage performance review & salary process and effectively communicate to all levels of management.
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date.
- Ensure that your team have robust HR compliance procedures and processes in place and being used effectively.
- Drive culture change through the managers, so that they are equipped to coach and inspire their teams.
- Provide professional coaching and training to managers on the implementation of HR matters/policy.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Work with senior management to develop effective internal communications to promote engagement and achieve company-wide goals.
- Ensure global policies are delivered locally in an appropriate and legally compliant way.
- Oversee Payroll & Benefits, remaining up to date with key legislation and implementation of the open enrollment process and 401k Audit.
- Partner with senior management to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with business initiatives.
- Design and implement employee retention strategies.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff, nurturing a positive working environment for all.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Proven expertise in solving problems.
- Budget management skills.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations.
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills to oversee the HR department and work with all employees within the company.
Education and Experience
- 5+ Years of experience in human resources management role.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business, or related area; relevant work experience may be a substitute.
- Experience with the human resources information system (HRIS) and ADP.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or PHR certificate a plus
To apply please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter required with resume.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.