Inventory & Shipping Controller (12 month Maternity Cover)
Quarto Publishing plc is a global publishing business with operations in the UK, US, and Hong Kong. We are a leading global illustrated book publisher and creates more than 600 adult and children's books a year. These books are sold in more than 45 countries and in more than 35 languages.
We are looking for Inventory & Shipping Controller for 12-month maternity cover. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Sales Operations team and to support growth and development of the business. The role is offered full-time and is primarily located at our London offices but will benefit from a blended office/remote working environment.
About the Role
You will take responsibility for management of inventory in our UK distribution centre. Combining analytical skills and commercial insight, you will liaise with teams across the business to ensure the effective delivery of demand planning and forecasting as well as carrying out a set of shipping related tasks. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will use your resourcefulness and creative thinking to find effective solutions and support continuous improvement of key processes.
The main responsibilities include
- Monitoring inventory levels and replenishing stock
- Accurate forecasting of supply and demand requirements to ensure stock availability
- Analysing and modelling data to ensure optimal inventory integrity
- Working with Sales Operations team to maintain a consistent, efficient inventory and stock control process
- Collaborating with sales teams and publishers to drive collection of accurate sales forecasts.
- Management of overstocked lines and titles approaching “end of life”.
- Assisting with developing and implementing inventory control systems and practices
- Producing and analysing inventory reports
- Handling of shipping instructions by requesting them from customers and passing them onto printers
- Supplying customer purchase orders to printers
- Will be managing packing lists by uploading them on a shipping tracker and sharing them with the customers when required.
- Running shipping related reports from shipping tracker and circulating them
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Excellent presentation, communication, and inter-personal skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to use initiative and be decisive working with tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen to evolve in a changing environment.
- Advanced level Excel skills (including V-lookups, Pivot Tables in order to analyse large amounts of data)
- Previous experience of Inventory management and Shipping
- IT proficient, with good knowledge of MS Office
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.