To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto Publishing is seeking an exceptionally well-organized Project Assistant with a strong interest in publishing to provide support for the Custom, Proprietary, and Value team.
This critical role serves as a trafficker to ensure projects are on time and running smoothly for the Chartwell imprint and Custom and Proprietary team. Chartwell produces value editions of books across a wide range of subjects including cooking, lifestyle, Mind/Body/Spirit, guided journals, history, classics, and transportation.
If you are a smart, ambitious person looking to work with a dynamic group of people that makes great books in a fast-paced environment, then this could be the job for you.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, able to take direction and learns quickly.
- Highly organized and methodical work habits
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in making decisions
- Strong negotiation skills
- A strong communicator & relationship builder with the ability to balance varying responsibilities
- Solid math and accounting skills
- Computer skills. You are great with Excel, PowerPoint and similar programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Editorial Project Manager and Production Manager in keeping production grids updated, tracking schedules and obtaining and advising details for all titles
- Participate in weekly scheduling meetings and distribute production schedules
- Ensure covers and sales materials are uploaded to BOX and teams notified
- Firebrand data management includes raising new projects on Firebrand and completing metadata
- Monitor and update title data within our title management system
- Manage Library of Congress and Copyright Registration for Chartwell publications
- Review covers and imprint pages for accuracy
- Organize and maintain files and spreadsheets; process invoices and track payments and contracts with freelancers via Adobe Sign and MS SharePoint
- Assist with shipping and warehouse tasks as needed
- Assist in managing & enhancing departmental processes
- Order books for authors, sales staff, and production as needed
- Take meeting minutes as needed
SALES SUPPORT / OPERATIONS
- Assist with sales presentations
- Request pricing for books from production
- Create P&Ls and obtain internal confirmation on sell price
- Send P&Ls to Publishers / Editorial Directors
- Distribute purchase orders / order confirmations to relevant teams
- Distribute Sales Announcements
- Send files to customers for approval
- Work on special projects as assigned
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- MS Office, BOX and systems familiarity
- Excellent command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible, willing to learn and takes ownership of work
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Education and Experience
- Two or four-year degree in English, Journalism, or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- Two to four years book publishing experience
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.