Accounts Payable Representative
Boston North Shore, US
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking Accounts Payable Representative(s) for our Boston North Shore office location! These roles will be responsible for verifying, processing, payment, and filing of all legitimate invoices on a timely basis in accordance with accounting guidelines. These roles will also help develop and implement; forms, policies, and procedures related to processing payments, and other accounts payable activities. Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Routes invoices to proper people for payment approval.
- Assigns general ledger account numbers to invoices for proper expense distribution in financial statements.
- Inputs all invoices in a timely manner into the accounts payable system.
- Ensures that the dates for invoices to be paid is in line with invoice terms of vendor.
- Inputs all royalty statements, also verifies that payment dates are in line with contractual agreement through the royalty accountant.
- Answers supplier inquiries in a timely manner.
- Reviews invoices for memos and special requests.
- Balances and processes month end in the AP module of the system.
- Issues checks daily upon special request.
- Issues ACH payments on a prompt basis for payment of employee's business expenses. Ensures that the proper signature approval is received before payment of the above.
- Compares charges on credit card bills to detect errors and corrects faulty bills or charges.
- Prepares, develops, and implements record keeping system.
- Assists in making sure that check, wire and ACH payments are given to the Cash Reports preparation individual for proper bank balances.
- Provides backup for all asset/liability invoices to the general ledger accountant for month end processing.
- Gives to the royalty accountant copies of all advances with the contractual agreement attached. Records on check the payment numbers of advances, to ensure that double advance payments are not created.
- Processes payments on accounts receivable for deposit and control balance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Working knowledge of accounts payable practices and accepted office procedures.
- Ability to understand the general ledger accounts numbers/asset/liability/expense/income.
- Ability to input numerical data into the computer making minimal errors.
- 2+ years' accounts payable experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting course work.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.