Chartwell Books is hiring a freelance creative book Designer to join remote team for a period of 5 months.
Chartwell is a leading publisher of food and drink, art and design, pop culture, lifestyle, and self-help books. As a Designer, you’ll collaborate closely with our Editorial and Sales Departments Department to create a wide variety of non-fiction book designs.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Create visually captivating covers and uniquely designed interiors for highly illustrated books
- Generate and ideate creative ideas and solutions and communicate them clearly with book teams
- Create a variety of sales covers for each title
- Minimum of 1-3 years Design experience, preferably in print
- Thorough understanding of the book design process and technical knowledge of book production
- Strong knowledge of typefaces and typography, full-color printing, RGB/CMYK color spaces, and image formats, and some facility with color correction of digital photography
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and timely and efficient follow-up
- Excellent graphic design skills, with a passion and eye for good typography and design trends
- Aptitude for creative thinking and effective problem solving, while staying within budget and on schedule
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and coordinate workload
- Must be a team player and able to work independently while knowing when to ask for help
- Curious and motivated to learn about new topics and other points of view
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite CC: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, and Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should be authorized to work the US.