To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto Publishing Group is seeking a Special Markets Sales Manager to join a diverse and dynamic area of our Sales team. Quarto’s Special Markets team sells to thousands of customers that use books to reach a specific customer, tell a story at retail and get the right book to the right reader in unique and creative ways. The ideal candidate will thrive on the fast-paced and creative nature of simultaneously managing key accounts and smaller specialty stores within specific categories. The ideal candidate will be energized to discover and pursue new business and revenue opportunities while helping maintain and grow existing relationships with long-time Quarto customers. This driven, self-motivated person with excellent organizational skills (and a good sense of humor) with experience in the book publishing industry a plus (preferably special markets sales) and must also love helping customers discover and buy the perfect books for their customers. If this sounds fun, this might be the role for you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Call on national and regional accounts.
- Manage buyer relationships, account presentations and order process.
- Build merchandising programs suited to each retailer.
- Understand and manage P&L process to maximize profit while still keeping competitive and desirable.
- Work closely with publishing team to create products best suited for the marketplace.
- Understand and report on emerging trends and account opportunities.
- Analyze sales performance in accounts.
- Provide insight and feedback on the competitive landscape in both product development and sales promotions.
- Pursue new business opportunities for a full suite of publishing programs.
- Attending conferences as appropriate.
- Identify new business channels.
- Work with accounting to ensure accounts meet and maintain financial standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge & abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in selling in the book, gift, or consumer products markets.
- A passion to present and sell books to non-traditional customers.
- Must have proven track record of success and possess exceptional leadership, ethical, and analytical skills.
- Superior organizational skills and follow through.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Persuasive and sales driven, outgoing personality.
- Travel required.
- Book publishing experience a plus, but not a prerequisite.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits & generous paid time off.