At The Quarto Group we are deeply committed to connecting readers of all ages to books, stories, and information. As teachers, students, and families turn to virtual learning, we have received many requests to use our books in online classrooms and social media posts, and we absolutely aim to support this work. During this unprecedented time we want to balance protecting the hard work of our authors and illustrators while also making sure their work is accessible. We are all in this together, and we are grateful you look to our books for all the fun, learning, and storytelling they hold.
Authors & Illustrators, below are some guidelines we ask you to follow. By posting a reading/project you are agreeing to the below:
- Authors and illustrators are welcome to read their own books or share projects from their books, and we encourage you to collaborate with and tag your author/illustrator counterpart when possible.
- Please mention at the beginning of your video that you are using the book with permission from The Quarto Group
- Please limit readings to media that is posted for a limited time, such as Instagram or Facebook live, Instagram stories, Snapchat, etc. If sharing to IGTV, please archive or remove after 15 days.
- Please do not archive or save complete readings to more permanent channels like YouTube.
- Please tag @quartokids in any posts so that we can share your posts as well.
- Please make purchase links available via swipe up or in your bio/linktree, etc.
Educators and librarians, below are some guidelines we ask you to follow, and by posting a reading or project you are agreeing to these terms:
- Teachers, librarians, educators, caregivers, and parents are welcome to read any Quarto Group title to their students, patrons, and children via virtual means. However, please do not archive or save the recordings for continuous use. If being used as part of an educational curriculum, we ask that recordings be removed or disabled after 30 days.
- Please mention at the beginning of your video that you are using the book with permission from The Quarto Group.
- Please post your videos only via private platforms or within closed groups.
- Please send your name, school/organization, city, state, and the title, author, and illustrator of the book you intend to read online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have downloadable activity kits, DIY videos, coloring sheets, teachers’ guides, and more for our titles here.