To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto is seeking a highly motivated and exceptionally well-organized Editor with a strong interest in publishing for the New York team. This position is based in New York City. Candidates are preferred to be east coast based. Remote work is an option with occasional meetings with the team in the NY office.
The Editor's role will serve as editorial lead on a wide range of books taking the titles from concept development to manuscript editing and layouts through final production. The role will include the day-to- day editorial responsibilities of book projects on the production schedule for the Wellfleet and Epic Imprints. The Editor will be responsible for submitting and tracking payments for contracts and editorial services as well as attending edit/production meetings. The Editor will monitor schedules and work with teams to ensure book titles deliver on time and on budget.
Do you have the following qualifications?
- Knowledge of publishing with an emphasis on book development and production.
- Strong editing ability, i.e., developmental and line editing.
- A proven record of meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects and effectively prioritize within tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 3 years' editorial experience in publishing.
- Bachelors Degree in a related field.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply