To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a dynamic Associate Sales Director to manage key national accounts in the special sales arenas including retailers such as Anthropologie, Sur La Table, Paper Source, Urban Outfitters and more. This position will call on major national and regional accounts while working closely with our publishing team to create product best suited for the marketplace. They will be responsible for pursuing new business opportunities for a full suite of publishing programs. This position will be located in our New York office location but we will consider remote applications for the ideal candidate. Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Manage buyer relationships, account presentations and order process
- Build merchandising programs suited to each retailer
- Understand and manage P&L process in order to maximize profit while still keeping competitive and desirable.
- Understand and report on emerging trends and account opportunities
- Analyze sales performance in accounts
- Provide insight and feedback on competitive landscape in both product development and sales promotions.
- Attend and manage gift shows across the U.S.
- Work closely with rep groups in individual regions
- Work with accounting to ensure accounts meet and maintain financial standards.
- Manage junior sales representative
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 7+ years experience in selling in the book, gift or consumer products markets.
- Must have proven track record of success and possess exceptional leadership, ethical, and analytical skills.
- Superior organizational skills and follow through.
- Work independently and in team environment.
- Persuasive and sales driven, outgoing personality.
- Travel required.
- Book publishing experience a plus, but not a prerequisite.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.