Subtitle A Guide for Railway Modellers and Diorama Model Makers
Aimed at the railway and diorama modeller, this new book includes photographs of existing structures and detailed illustrations and plans, followed by step-by-step photographs of the various stages in their creation.
Practical tips and constructive advice are provided alongside. Special emphasis has been placed on the use of scrap and low-cost materials.
Further topics covered in this book include:
- The challenges of constructing miniature versions of historic buildings and structures when the prototype no longer exists
- Guidance on modelling imaginary buildings and structures, with an example project presented from start to finish
- Details of a complete fantasy-based model railway diorama, from concept and design through to the completed layout.
- How to select and construct an imaginative landscape to complement a historic building or fantasy structure, including a review of how artists and film-makers have used such settings in the past.
- A practical guide to mixing the right paint colours and shades for realistic and convincing results.
The author has written this book to inspire the modeller to try something innovative, and to attract new entrants to this creative hobby. Drawing on his own experience, he shares practical guidance to help the reader to produce models they will be proud of.