Subtitle Essential Techniques Plus Step-by-Step Tutorials for Scanning, Editing, and Creating on a Tablet
Description Description Lettering enthusiasts of all levels will love learning easy ways to develop and adapt hand lettering skills and techniques to a variety of digital platforms in Digital Hand Lettering and Modern Calligraphy
Popular Instagram lettering artist and workshop instructor Shelly Kim (@lettersbyshells)
offers lettering enthusiasts at all levels step-by-step instruction
, along with ample photos and lettering examples. Start with lettering essentials
that show how to create different styles of brush lettering
with the right tools, how to connect letters to form words
, form flourishes
, and more.
Then turn that unique calligraphy into lettering that you can use over and over again, just by digitizing
it. Discover several options for creating digital lettering
, each one clearly outlined and explained. Become familiar with tools and techniques that make the process fast and enjoyable.
See how far you can take your digital lettering with fun projects
for creating cards, name tags, adding foiling and more.
In this book you’ll learn how to:
Digital Hand Lettering and Modern Calligraphy
- Produce loose, bouncy lettering that adds style to any project
- Design meaningful quotes by learning a quick trick for great compositions
- Create digital files that give you numerous options for adding color and changing the shapes and sizes of letters
- Make a custom digital lettering brush that you can use for unique calligraphy
- Letter on a tablet and learn the basics of Procreate and Apple Pencil
- Use your lettering for great projects that incorporate digital and hands-on techniques
- Get inspiration from stunning gallery pieces by Karin Newport of @ipadlettering and Myriam of @halfapx
will guide you to the future of lettering!