Subtitle More Than 500 Color Combinations for Skin, Eyes, Lips & Hair - Includes One Color Mixing Grid
Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits Oil - Acrylic - Watercolor features master mixes for an array of skin colors in oil, acrylic, and watercolor—plus recipes for hair, eye, and lip colors.
Also included are a plastic color-mixing grid for measuring out paints, as well as a handy conversion chart for finding acrylic equivalents of oil paints and vice versa.
With Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits Oil - Acrylic - Watercolor and your painting materials, follow the three simple steps to mix virtually any skin tone for your portrait:
Also featured in this book:
- Match a palette of skin tones from this book to your portrait subject.
- Create the Master Skin Tone Recipe for this palette using the included plastic color mixing grid to measure each paint color.
- Follow the recipes to create all the skin tones you will need to complete your portrait—from light values to shadows.
- Color theory
- Tinting, toning, and shading
- Graying skin tones naturally
- Identifying facial planes
- Mouth, nose, and ear color tones
- Eye and hair color tones
- Watercolor skin tone recipes
With recipes for more than 500 color combinations
, Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits Oil - Acrylic - Watercolor
is your ultimate source for painting realistic skin, mouths, ears, noses, eyes, and hair.
Walter Foster’s best-selling Color Mixing Recipes series
also includes Color Mixing Recipes for Oil and Acrylic
, Color Mixing Recipes for Watercolor
, and Color Mixing Recipes for Landscapes
. These books contain hundreds of precise color mixing combinations for realistic results, as well as acetate grids for measuring paint units.