Subtitle Mixing recipes for more than 400 color combinations
Color Mixing Recipes for Landscapes features master mixes for an array of landscape colors in oil and acrylic, from skies and clouds to trees and mountains.
This comprehensive artist’s reference features a robust index of more than 1,500 landscape subjects that correspond to the featured color mixing swatches. Also included are a plastic color-mixing grid for measuring out paints and a handy conversion chart for finding acrylic equivalents of oil paints and vice versa.
Follow these four simple steps to mix more than 500 color combinations:
Learn how to create the colors of these and more subjects in oil and acrylic paint:
- Look in the Color Guidance Index for the subject you want to paint—for example, “Lilac, purplish.”
- Find the Color Recipe with the subject’s recipe number (“268”) and a photo of the actual paint mixture.
- Use the Color Mixing Grid to measure each paint color.
- Mix the color. It’s that easy!
- Numerous varieties of flowers
- Mountains, including their bases, shadows, highlights, and hazes
- Sands, clays, and gravels
- Sea, ocean, surf, foam, and fog
- Skies and clouds at various times of day and night
- Trees, including foliage and trunk colors for numerous broadleaf and coniferous varieties
- Many species of wildlife, animals, and birds
This useful book also discusses how color is influenced by the time of day, the angle of the sun, and changing seasons
, making it a must-have in every oil and acrylic artist’s reference library.
Walter Foster’s best-selling Color Mixing Recipes
series also includes Color Mixing Recipes for Watercolor
, Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits
, and Color Mixing Recipes for Oil & Acrylic
. These books contain hundreds of precise color mixing combinations for realistic results, as well as acetate grids for measuring paint units.