Subtitle Weird and Wacky Facts About Our Furry Friends
Cat Lover’s Trivia is an irresistible potpourri of feline facts, embracing the essential, the trivial, the intriguing, and the extraordinary.
Schott’s Original Miscellany was a publishing phenomenon. It sired a host of sequels and parodies. But no matter how patiently and for how many years they waited, the potential feline readership was overlooked. Until now.
Cat Lover’s Trivia is how the original would have appeared had its creator been an obsessive cat owner. Or, indeed, a very curious cat. It parodies the randomness of entry and stylishness of design of the original, but is created entirely for cats and their obedient owners and admirers. The result is a fascinating outpouring of feline facts, including such gems as:
- Sir Isaac Newton’s invention of the cat flap or kitty door
- The origins and popularity of cat names
- The power of catmint
- How long cats spend asleep each day
- T. S. Eliot’s Practical Cats
- And the famous Chopin waltz that was in fact composed by the composer’s cat
Cat Lover’s Trivia is the perfect coffee table book to give as a gift for cat lovers or addition to your library’s satire section.