Subtitle All you need to know to plan, plant & maintain a mid-Atlantic garden
Description Description In this revised and updated 2nd edition of Mid-Atlantic Gardener’s Handbook, gardeners in the mid-Atlantic states are handed all the know-how they’ll need to grow a lush, productive garden.
If you live in Pennsylvania
, New York
, New Jersey
, Washington DC
, or West Virginia
, the environmentally sound growing info
for both edible and ornamental plants
found here is your green thumb map to success
- Profiles of more than 250 plants proven to thrive in the mid-Atlantic’s climate, including shrubs, perennials, annuals, vegetables, fruits, herbs, vines, and more, you’ll be able to select the best plants to create a beautiful landscape or a high-yielding edible garden.
- Helpful information highlights sun and shade requirements and offers clear and concise plant variety information.
- Month-by-month care and cultivation guides are offered for each plant group, guiding your journey—even if you’re a first-time mid-Atlantic gardener.
- Author Katie Elzer-Peters addresses the many challenges of growing in the mid-Atlantic, including a changing climate and unique soil and pest troubles.
- The how-to methods for planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing, and much more are rich with information essential to those in the region.
This comprehensive and extensive guide is the best resource for growing in the mid-Atlantic states. Whether you live in Pittsburgh, Richmond, Baltimore, NYC, or somewhere in between, Mid-Atlantic Gardener’s Handbook
has you covered.
Mid-Atlantic Gardener’s Handbook
is part of the Gardener’s Handbook series
from Cool Springs Press. Other books in the series include Florida Gardener’s Handbook
, Midwest Gardener’s Handbook
, Northwest Gardener’s Handbook
, and many others.