Subtitle Fast, Fresh Recipes from a Mexican-American Kitchen
Description Description In Plant Powered Mexican, Kate Ramos (Hola Jalepeno) takes you on a tour of her delicious, vegetable-driven kitchen with 70+ recipes celebrating the flavors of Mexico.
Mexican recipes have long been known for their fresh, vibrant ingredients
and delicious flavor combinations
. However, it's only recently that chefs and eaters alike have discovered something wonderful: many Mexican recipes taste just as good (or better!) when vegetables are the star
. This collection of meat-free Mexican recipes
includes favorites passed down from family as well as many of Kate's own creations.
Chapters and recipes include:
- Low Cook: Spicy Mexican Gazpacho with Chopped Cucumber Salad; Cauliflower, Pepita, and Rice Salad Lettuce Wraps; Chilled Avocado Soup with Farmer's Market Fairy Dust; Tomatillo Poke Bowl with Avocado and Pink Grapefruit; Marinated Vegetable Torta with Serrano-Lemon Aioli
- From the Stove: Spinach and Caramelized Onion Sopes, Winter Vegetable Enmoladas with Queso Fresco, Jackfruit Tinga Grain Bowls, Squash Blossom Quesadillas with Tomatillo-Avocado Salsa, Poached Eggs Divorciados
- From the Oven: Roasted Carrot Barbacoa Tostadas, Sweet Pea and Potato Empanadas, One Pan Chile Rellenos, Sheet Pan Chilaquiles Rojos with Cilantro-Lime Crema
- From the Grill: Sangria Marinated Veggie Skewers, Chipotle-spiced Cauliflower Tacos, Grilled Stuffed Peppers with Mint, Queso Asado and Calabacitas
- Electric Pressure Cooker: Almond Mole, Poblano Pepper-Potato Soup with Toasted Pepitas, Vegan Red Pozole with Mushrooms, Black Bean and Swiss Chard Enchilada Casserole
While some recipes are easier than others, they were all developed with the family table in mind
. This means most are weeknight meals
meant to fit into a busy family's life.
In addition to the centerpiece mains, you'll find salads
, and plenty of classics to return to week after week as well—think time-tested salsa recipes
, a foolproof version of Mexican rice
, and a hands-off pot of flavorful beans
that can be served up four different ways.
Many of the recipes in the book are vegan
and others can be made vegan
by omitting or substituting cheese or milk.
Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or simply a vegetable-loving cook
, these are the Mexican recipes you've been waiting for!