A lush, productive vegetable, herb, and flower garden doesn’t have to require endless hours of time and unlimited energy. No-dig gardening methods let you keep the rototiller in the shed and focus on what you like best—planting and harvesting!
With the step-by-step instructions
in The Complete Guide to No-Dig Gardening
, you’ll discover how to build healthy, easy-to-plant garden soil
by adding layers of organic matter using one of several different no-dig techniques
. Whether you garden in a small, urban backyard or on several acres in the country, this simple approach
lets you grow more food and blooms than ever before, and leave the gas-guzzling tiller behind forever
. Plus, when you don't disturb the soil, weed seeds stay buried deep
where they can't germinate and carbon is kept sequestered in the ground.
No-dig gardening techniques also lead to reduced watering needs
and a healthy population of beneficial soil microbes
that help feed your plants by breaking down organic matter and releasing nutrients.
In addition to extolling the endless benefits of no-dig growing
, author and veggie-growing expert Charlie Nardozzi hands you the tools you need to:
- Create a new no-dig garden from scratch
- Transition an existing garden to the no-dig method
- Build the most productive, nutrient-rich soil possible
- Recycle yard waste by building a Hugelkultur planting mound
- Discover more about some great variations of no-dig gardening, including raised beds and containers
- Bring your no-dig garden indoors for a continuous harvest
Welcome oodles of fresh, homegrown veggies, herbs, and flowers into your life—with no back-breaking work