GROW YOURSELF HEALTHY shows how to transform your gut health with a wealth of gut-friendly crops, projects, recipes and planting plans
* Discover how to grow 50 vegetables, fruit & herbs to maximise their nutritional value
* Plan your own gut-health garden using 11 easy projects, with planting plans and best varieties
* Follow 13 recipes for fermented foods to multiply the benefits and enjoy all year round
* Understand the science of gut-health gardening and how it affects our health and well-being
* Find everything you need to transform your garden and your family’s health and happiness! Based on the author’s practical experience of growing fruit, vegetables and herbs in ways that supercharge their nutritional value, GROW YOURSELF HEALTHY is a practical guide on how to design and manage an edible garden for gut health, providing food for us and the trillions of microbes we host within us. It describes the science behind the subject in an accessible way and shows how to grow an incredible diversity of fruit, vegetables, herbs and edible flowers, even in a small space. The book describes the best types of fruit and vegetable to choose and how to grow them to optimize their health boosting properties. It brings together the latest scientific research into different organic growing, harvesting and processing methods that will empower the reader to take back control of the nutritional value of the food they eat.
GROW YOURSELF HEALTHY also contains 11 practical projects to demonstrate how to grow healthy, fresh produce at home, in a small garden, allotment, balcony, or even on a windowsill. A chapter with 13 fermentation recipes shows how the genius of microbes can be harnessed to transform freshly harvested produce into delicious sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, and fermented drinks.
The book is lavishly illustrated with beautiful photographs by Marianne Majerus.
Beth Marshall is a professional horticulturist, who has trained with the RHS and the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. She has worked in various prestigious vegetable gardens in the UK: RHS Harlow Carr; West Dean; and for the Royal Household at Windsor Castle. Beth is Head Gardener on a private estate near Henley in Berkshire, managing an organic kitchen garden and a 57-acre estate including woodlands, wildflower meadows and a deer park. Beth also has a strong interest in native flora, conservation, foraging, plant-based cooking and beekeeping.