To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however, and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
Quarto Publishing is seeking an innovative and dynamic candidate to oversee our US Marketing department. As Director of Publicity & Marketing, Quarto US, you report to the SVP, Director of Group Sales and Marketing. Working with the publishing teams and the sales teams you are responsible for developing, implementing, and leading the long-term Publicity and Marketing strategies across all Quarto imprints; adult and children’s. Your overall promotional and marketing strategies will always aim to deliver a strong, measurable return-on-investment, reach new readers, drive sales, and create bestsellers. Leading, nurturing, and upskilling the marketing teams to develop and implement projects and initiatives aimed at maximizing the sales of our book and raising the profile of Quarto Publishing is also central to your role. This position is based in our New York office.
Key Results Areas
- Create the strategies for the marketing and publicity campaigns for our books, leading from the front for some titles ensuring they reach the widest possible audience.
- To champion, energize and push the activities around key titles for each season, from acquisition and positioning to publication and beyond.
- Direct and develop our social media strategy, advertising, and digital presence.
- With the Online Sales Director, devise and implement successful Amazon Advertising strategies across categories, brands and titles
- Work closely with the US VP of Sales to coordinate marketing and PR strategies that will support sell-in by channel and drive sales thru.
- Work with UK Campaigns Director and her team to share best practice, devise cohesive global campaigns and maximize the reach of our campaigns.
- Manage the day-to-day workload and results of the US Marketing teams, metadata manager and copywriter.
- Develop and grow a team of high-performing individuals to maximize their potential.
- Create and manage the Marketing budgets.
- Deliver high quality campaigns that deliver maximum value within set budgets.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Direct management of 9+ member teams
- Strong management of budgets and budgetary processes
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities with a coaching mentality
- Good negotiation skills
- Connections within national and local media outlets
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years publishing management experience within marketing and publicity areas
- BA/BS level education
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply